Work Visa Spain

Work Visa Spain

A Long Stay Visa for Spain is a permit to enter and remain in Spain for a period longer than three months. It enables its holder not only to reside in Spain, but also to perform several activities, which the Spain Schengen Visa prohibits.

Long Stay Visa for Spain is also known as the Spanish Long-Term Visa or the Spain National Visa (D Visa).

A Spain Work Visa is a Long-stay Visa for Spain, which enables you to engage in a paid activity.

Types of Spain Work Visas
If by now you have concluded that you need a visa to work in Spain, then the first thing you should know is that there are two types of visas for working in Spain. These are:
Employment visas for Spain.
This visa is for working for a company/institution/organization in Spain, the main categories of which are:
  • Spain Au Pair Visa
  • Spain Entrepreneur Visa
  • Spain Working Holiday Visa
Self-employment visas for Spain.
This visa is for establishing or investing in an already established company/institution/organization in Spain, or for working as a freelancer.

If you are applying for a Spain employment visa, you will need to get a job at a company, institution or organization in Spain. You should have a concrete job offer, as stipulated by the Spanish authorities.

On the other hand, if you are applying for a self-employment visa, you must prove you have an investment plan or a freelancing plan, and the means to finance your idea.

If you have any questions, please check the FAQ tab to find answers to the most common questions.
If you do not see the answer to your question, please contact the support team.

Still have questions?

Request a free consultation from our employment and legalization experts
Get a consultation