Work Visa USA - H2A

H2A - Work Visa USA

The H-2A visa is a popular visa for some workers who work in the agricultural sector. If you plan to work temporarily in the United States for agricultural work, then you can get an H-2A visa.

To get an H-2A visa, your job must meet certain requirements, including the following:

  • Seasonal: A «seasonal» position means that the job is located within a certain time period or event.
  • Temporary version: A «temporary» position means that the work takes no more than one year to completed.
Many American employers who run farms rely on the H-2A visa program to find the labor force needed to do the work throughout the year.
H-2A Visa Applicant Requirements
The H-2A visa is available for foreign workers who meet the following requirements:
  • Received a job offer from an American employer that offers temporary agricultural work.
  • Do you intend to return to your country of residence after the visa expires.
The H-2A visa is valid for a maximum of one year. However, the employee can extend the visa in certain situations – for example, if the project was not completed.

If your visa extension request has been approved, then your visa will be extended for one year. You will be able to apply for renewal again. The maximum period of stay in the United States is three years.

The article was written in collaboration with American Corporate Services Law Offices, Inc.

If you have any questions, please check the FAQ tab to find answers to the most common questions.
If you do not see the answer to your question, please contact the support team.

Still have questions?

Request a free consultation from our employment and legalization experts
Get a consultation