Work Visa USA - H1B

H1B - Work Visa USA

It is intended for foreign professionals with a bachelor's degree or higher and a job offer from a company in the United States. Allows you to work in America for a long time (up to 6 years).

The right to obtain an H-1B work visa is granted to employees of a narrow profile, whose specialization requires certain skills and qualifications, for example, engineers, architects, accountants, programmers. For broader professionals, such as managers and marketers, it is much more difficult to obtain an H-1B visa.
  • Higher education (equivalent to an American bachelor's degree or higher);
  • Having an employer in the United States and job offers;
  • The proposed job should belong to the category of professions, that is, require specialized knowledge obtained with a specialized education.
An important point is that to obtain an H-1B work visa, an employee does not need to pass the labor certification procedure with the US Department of Labor. Also note that in the event of a change of employment, the specialist has the right to retain the H-1B visa by applying for a visa renewal.

The visa is issued for three years and can be extended for another three, that is, the maximum period of stay in the United States on this visa is six years.

H-1B is a nonimmigrant visa and does not in itself qualify for a green card. However, it is possible to switch to a green card if the American employer is interested in this employee. Then the employer can sponsor him for an EB-2/EB-3 immigration visa.

The article was written in collaboration with American Corporate Services Law Offices, Inc.

If you have any questions, please check the FAQ tab to find answers to the most common questions.
If you do not see the answer to your question, please contact the support team.

Still have questions?

Request a free consultation from our employment and legalization experts
Get a consultation