Work Visa USA - H2B

H2B - Work Visa USA

The H-2B visa is one of two visas that are part of the H-2 Temporary Work Visa program. While the H-2A visa is intended exclusively for temporary agricultural workers, the H-2B visa is intended for temporary workers who are not involved in agriculture.

Who can get an H-2B visa?
Typically, the H-2B visa program is designed to help American employers find employees in professions that are experiencing sudden demand or when employers are trying in vain to find American employees. Some professions and fields of activity available through the H-2B visa program include the following:
  • Hotel industry and tourism
  • Cruise ships
  • Resorts and theme parks
  • Construction
  • Golf courses
  • Maintenance and cleaning services
  • Ski resorts
  • Landscape design
  • Warehouses
  • Restaurants and bars
  • Retail stores
H-2B Visa requirements for employees
Employees must also meet certain requirements, including the following:
  • Have a valid job offer from an American employer;
  • Provide proof of intent to return to your country of residence after the H-2B visa expires.
The H-2B visa is a temporary visa that allows you to stay in the United States for a maximum of one year. This visa is specifically designed for foreign workers in the United States who are going to take a temporary job. It is not intended for long-term employment.

It is quite possible to extend the H-2B visa. You can apply for an extension twice, with a total period of stay in the United States that does not exceed three years. The extension of the validity period is granted for no more than one year.

The article was written in collaboration with American Corporate Services Law Offices, Inc.

If you have any questions, please check the FAQ tab to find answers to the most common questions.
If you do not see the answer to your question, please contact the support team.

Still have questions?

Request a free consultation from our employment and legalization experts
Get a consultation